French Cuisine: Double Galette de pommes de Terre au Crabe/Double Potato & Crab Galette Recipe
French Cuisine is not so much about creating grand ood for special events but more about arranging leftovers or available ingredients.
Here is an easy and typical French recipe making use of was found in the fridge and pantry:
Double Galette de pommes de Terre au Crabe/Double Potato & Crab Galette!
- âPotatoes: 800 g (Bintje type is best)
- Crab: 1 can containg 250 g
- Chervil: a good bouquet of it
- Oil/Olive oil: 2 large tablespoons
- Salt, nutmeg & pepper: to taste
- -Preheat ovn to 6 (180 degrees Celsius)
- -Peel and wash potatoes. Drain water and wipe them with kitchen paper. Grate them into fairly thick strands. Wipe them again inside kitchen paper. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. mix well.
- -Chop chervil. Press all liquid out of crab. Mix xrab with chervil. Put aside.
- -Heat the oil in a non-stick frypan equipped with a removable handle. Drop half of the potatoes inside. Press potatoes with a tablespoon to form them into a galette/pancake and fry for 5 minutes on a strong fire to add it a nice colour. Cover it then with the crab-chervil mixture. Spread rest of the potatoes on top to cover the whole. Press lightly with a tablespoon for evenness.
- -Put frypan inside oven without its handle. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Slide the galette onto a plate. Cover plate with frypan and turn around so as to have the galette back into the rypan with its bottom side up.
- Cook again for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a green salad!