Choose your favorite curry powder blend to make this spicy or mild. This rice salad is flavorful and colorful. Sits well too, making it perfect for a potluck.
- 1 cup brown basmati ride, rinsed
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 large carrot, grated or julienned
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup
- Shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 10 basil leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt and rice. Reduce heat to maintain a simer and cook rice until it is done, about 25 minutes. Drain rice, then spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the cucumbers, carrots and peas.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, vinegar, agave nectar, curry powder and sesame oil. Set aside.
- When the rice is cool add it to the vegetables and toss to combine. Add the dressing and gently toss to combine. Garnish with the basil and coconut.
- Let the rice salad sit at least 30 minutes for favors to combine. Taste and add salt or pepper if needed. Favors should be bold since they will mellow as the rice salad sits.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 242||83%|
|Total Fat 27.98g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 12.51g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.24g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|