Cost per recipe $10.47 view details
- 2 c. Sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
- 1 c. Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. Coca-Cola *
- 1/4 c. Cocoa pwdr
- 1/2 c. Low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 lrg Large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 c. Miniature marshmallows
- 9 ounce Semisweet chocolate, coarsely minced
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1/3 c. Coca-Cola
- 1/3 c. Light corn syrup
- 1/2 c. Miniature marshmallows, for garnish
- *Diet Coca-Cola won't work in this recipe.
- To make cake, preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray and dust with flour. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar. In a heavy, medium saucepan over low heat combine the butter, Coca-Cola and cocoa and heat till the butter has melted, stirring often. In crease the heat to medium-high and bring just to a boil, stirring often. Remove from the heat and pour over the flour mix in the bowl, whisking constantly till well blended and smooth. Whisk in the buttermilk, Large eggs, baking soda and vanilla till well blended. Stir in the marshmallows. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs adhering to it, 30 to 35 min. When baked, the cake top will have a crater-like surface where the marshmallows have melted. Let the cake cold completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, in the top of a double boiler, set over simmering-not boiling-water over low heat, heat the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in the Coca-Cola and corn syrup till well blended. Set aside to cold to room temperature. Then spread the cooled icing in an even layer over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the marshmallows. To serve, cut into squares and serve directly from the baking pan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1693g|
|Calories from Fat 3688||53%|
|Total Fat 425.82g||532%|
|Saturated Fat 263.07g||1052%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 828.49g||221%|
|Dietary Fiber 51.4g||171%|