The polenta crust surrounding this delicious vegan tart is a chewy and healthier addition replacing the traditional pie crust. The blended chocolate and raspberry ingredients add a sweet, rich flavor. A great dessert!
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance
- Tart Filling
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspeberries (thawed)
- 1/2 pkg. (6 oz.) Silken tofu
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Tofutti "cream cheese"
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 block of vegan baker's chocolate, grated, for garnish
- A few fresh raspberries for garnish
- In a medium sized sauce pan bring the water to a boil.
- Slowly sprinkle in polenta and Earth Balance, while whisking.
- Add the chocolate chips and maple syrup to the mixture
- and continue to whisk until it thickens and the water is absorbed.
- Set aside and allow it to cool a little.
- Spray a 9 inch pie or tart baking pan with baking spray.<br>
- Transfer the polenta mixture to the baking dish and spread out
- with a spoon, making a slight rim around the edges.
- Place the polenta mix in a 375 degree oven and bake for about 45 min. to 1 hr.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Transfer to serving plate if desired.
- Tart Filling
- Using a small sieve or fine mesh strainer, mash raspberries to produce the juice/pulp, eliminating the seeds.
- In a blender combine the tofu and melted chocolate and blend on high until a smooth mixture is formed. Add in the raspberry juice/pulp. Mix some more until blended. Add the maple syrup and the Tofutti "cream cheese" and continue to blend on high
- until the mixture is smooth again and uniform.
- Transfer mixture to the polenta crust shell and smooth from the middle out toward the edges. Garnish with a little rasperry juice and a Tbsp. of grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||25%|
|Total Fat 8.55g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.27g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.55g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|