Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp seasoned rice wine vinegar, divided
- 3 tsp toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Ribbon one carrot with a vegetable peeler and transfer it to a bowl with 1 tsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tsp sesame seeds. Set aside for garnishing the soup.
- Place the remaining carrots in a saucepan covered with water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the carrots to a food processor. Add the garlic cloves, 3 cups of the cooking water, and ginger. Puree until smooth. Add in the remaining 1 tsp rice wine vinegar and the sesame oil.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with the carrot ribbons and remaining sesame seeds.
- For freezing: Make a double batch and put in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Just thaw and heat! Simple!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 168g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||36%|
|Total Fat 4.02g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.58g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.97g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|