I’ve never been so excited about a vegetable dish before but this one is worth raving about. It’s just like the classic salad but it’s made with roasted asparagus instead of lettuce. I’m keeping it skinny by making homemade multi-grain croutons and drizzling with a delicious light Caesar dressing. The skinny for each serving is 95 calories, 4 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. I can’t express enough how fabulous this dish really is. I guess you’ll have to make and see for yourself!
- 1 pound asparagus (I used 1 bundle from Trader Joeâs) trim the ends
- 1 slice multi-grain or whole wheat bread, I used Miltonâs Original Healthy Multi-Grain bread
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray, I used olive oil cooking spray for this recipe
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Topping Ingredients
- 1Â½ tablespoons Light Caesar Dressing, such as Cardiniâs or Girards Light Caesar, see shopping tip
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- â¨â¨Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toast bread and cut into bite size pieces. Coat a pan with cooking spray. Place asparagus on pan along with diced toasted bread. Drizzle 2 teaspoon of olive oil over the top. Using hands, toss well to coat asparagus and bread cubes. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 6-8 minutes until asparagus is tender-crisp and bright green in color. Remove from oven.
- Place asparagus in serving dish. Sprinkle croutons all over asparagus. Drizzle dressing over top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Shopping Tips-Youâll find Cardiniâs or Girards Light Caesar dressing at most supermarkets. I found both at Vons/Safeway and Gelsons. They are really delicious tasting.
- For more skinny recipes, pleas join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 75g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||48%|
|Total Fat 3.26g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.66g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.26g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|