We love GOOD pesto in this house. Just before the killer freeze this week, I picked Nasturtium flowers to make some fresh pesto....and fresh Zucchini from market will be the "ribbon" on the gift...
Dinner is served.....
- 2 barramundi fillets or cutlets (6 0z. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and lemon pepper
- Nasturtium Pesto:
- 2 cups nasturtium flowers and leaves
- 1 tbsp diced shallot
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Zucchini Ribbons:
- 1 yellow 1 green... medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Brush fish on both sides with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill until fish is cooked through and flakes when pricked with fork, about 5 minutes per side depending on thickness of fish
- Process all ingredients together.
- Please play with the amounts of ingredients here to get a flavor and texture that you're happy with. Flower leaves give a peppery flavor already....
- Zucchini Ribbons Directions
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Mean-while, with vegetable peeler-slice zucchini lengthwise into ribbons. Add zucchini to boiling water; cook until tender, 30-60 seconds.
- Drain and transfer zucchini to serving bowl.
- Add butter, (OR) oil, Romano, basil, and red pepper flakes; gently toss until butter is melted and zucchini are coated.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 146g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 656||92%|
|Total Fat 74.74g||93%|
|Saturated Fat 14.77g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.48g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|