Creator: Claudia lamascolo
Just Randon Tips That You May or may not Know!
1. Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
2. Use a meat baster to "squeeze" your pancake batter onto the hot griddle - perfect shaped pancakes every time.
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
4. To prevent egg shells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.
5. To get the most juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature & roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
6. To easily remove burnt-on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil on stovetop-skillet will be much easier to clean.
7. When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead-no white mess on the outside of the cake.
8. If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato-it absorbs the excess salt for an instant "fix me up."
9. Brush beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
10. Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it back up.
11. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness. (ah, an old 1940’s Fannie Farmer trick!)
12. To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it is fresh-if it rises to the surface, throw it away.
13. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
14. Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
15. If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
16. Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
17. To get rid of itch from mosquito bite: try applying soap on the area, instant relief.
These are great........thanx for sharing them !!
your welcome thank you!
Wow, you are full of random tips, these are fantastic!
Hungry Jenny x
17 more reasons this is one of my favorite groups. I recommend this group to everyone. Thanks, Claudia
re: #9 - for a golden glaze on a pie crust, brush the top (not the edge) of your pastry crust with milk before baking. And don't forget to cover the edges with foil if they start to get too brown.
Thank you for the fantastic feedback you give, you are a valued addition to this group! Great tip :)
Left-over wine? That was supposed to be a joke, but your tips are great! Thanks for this, Claudia
your right no leftover wine here either lol!
You have to be logged in group member in order to post messages.