Cost per serving $2.99 view details
- 2 lbs sirloin Tips (Halve Sirloin tips to ensure even bite size)
- Can use stew meat if necessary, texture will differ.
- 3 Tblsp Flour
- 1 Tblsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tblsp Salt
- 1 Tblsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tblsp Butter
- 2 Tblsp Olive oil (may sub veg oil)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tblsp Oregano
- 1 Tblsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Yellow Onion medium (peeled and cut into 8ths)
- 1 Tblsp Garlic (chopped)
- 3 Tblsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tblsp Worcestershire Sauce.
- 3 Medium White Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 4 Stalks Celery (hearts only: Vertically Halved, then cubed)
- 4 Medium Carrots (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Sweet Potatoe (peeled and cubed)
- 2 Cups Red Wine (If sub needed use 2 cups additional stock)
- 1 Quart Beef Stock
- In Medium Bowl, Add Meat cover with Flour, Steak seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In Large Stock Pot, Cover bottom with Olive oil, Add butter.
- Warm slowly, until butter melts.
- Add Meat to Stock pot.
- Saute over Medium High Heat, until seared (brown).
- Add onions
- Saute until translucent.
- Add all spices.
- Combine until spices dispensed well.
- Add tomato paste and worcestershire.
- Add Wine
- Stir to deglaze pan. Scrape bottom of pan to lift leftover searings.
- Turn down heat to Medium, Simmer, allowing Wine to reduce by half. (about 10 mins)
- Add Stock.
- Simmer 30 mins. (allowing meat to start to tenderize.)
- After 1/2 hour Add remaining Vegetables
- Simmer One Hour. (minimum)
- If time allows this Stew can remain on Medium Low heat for 2 hours.
- More time = tender meat.
- Taste as you go along. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- *Note: If liquid reduces by Half,and Veg are not finished Add Water by 2 Cup increments and lower heat to Med/Low. (Maintain Medium to Medium Low Heat until meat is desired texture and veg are tender)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 557g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 105||26%|
|Total Fat 11.88g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.16g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.58g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|