So moist and flavorful even non-vegans will fall in love with this guilt-less comforting vegan pumpkin bread. You can even bake the batter in muffins tins for some vegan pumpkin muffins! (They'll taste like cupcakes!!)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal + 3 tbs water
- 6 tablespoons milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup + 1 Tbs canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used no sugar added)
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pistachios and walnuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9Ã5 inch loaf pan.
- 2. Whisk together flax seed meal and water. Mix in sugar, pumpkin and apple sauce.
- 3. In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, spices. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with nuts if you like!
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 867g|
|Calories from Fat 69||4%|
|Total Fat 7.95g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.74g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 363.6g||97%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.1g||87%|