An easy way to add a rich, beefy flavor to your steaks with a slight sweetness.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $3.07 view details
- NY Strip steak or Ribeye (any marbled steak)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup sherry or cognac
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season steaks with salt, pepper, thyme, and oil. Let the steak reach room temperature over 15-30 minutes.
- On a warm skillet over med-high heat, melt 1 Tbs butter and sear the steaks until just brown on both sides.
- Quickly place the steaks in the oven and remove when cooked to taste.
- While steaks are cooking, remove most of the cooking liquid from the pan and lower the heat of the skillet to medium.
- Cook shallots until just transparent.
- Add sherry and scrape up brown bits from pan. Cook until sherry reduced by 1/2 and add remaining butter.
- Add cream and continue simmering until sauce just coats the spoon.
- Add additional pepper to taste and place poivre sauce in bowl.
- Remove steaks from oven and set to rest for 5-10 min while loosely covered with foil.
- Transfer steak to plate and stir in jus from oven cooking to poivre sauce.
- Serve poivre sauce over steaks.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 200g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 263||56%|
|Total Fat 29.93g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 15.02g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 18.76g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|