Oreo Truffles are a big hit with my family. They are a little time consuming so i tend to make them only for special occasions such as holidays and birthdays. However, they are well worth the wait.
I normally make these over the course of two or three days depending on my schedule.
- One bag of Semi-sweet chocolate chips (if chocolate is not your thing, feel free to mix it up)
- one 8oz pack of cream cheese
- blender or food processor
- Cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave or leave out for about an hour at room temp to soften
- meantime, break Oreo's into pieces.
- Place cream cheese and Oreo pieces into blender or food processor and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Place in covered bowl and place in fridge until firm
- when ready, melt chocolate using the double boiling method (boiling pan of water with another pan or heat proof bowl on top)
- Make small ball's about an inch in width (bite size)
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate and coat each Oreo ball then place on wax paper.
- When cookie sheet is full, place in fridge until chocolate has set