Healthy version of a Chinese takeaway favourite. I've posted a recipe for hoisin sauce also on this site if you want to try making your own for this too!
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
- 150g dry Shanghai noodles (or any other quick-cook noodles you have)
- 1 carrot, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Season the duck and quickly seal on both sides in a hot pan.
- Transfer to an oven and roast at 200 degrees C for about 10 minutes (or more if you prefer to be well-done). Leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, gently boil the noodles with the veg for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and toss with sesame oil and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- Carve the duck into slices and serve with the noodle salad, spooning some hoisin sauce over to serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 277g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 197||48%|
|Total Fat 22.15g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6.22g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.65g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|