I’ve taken two very popular dishes, a BLT and Chicken Caesar Salad and combined them into one terrific salad! You’ll love how quickly it comes together because I’m using store bought cooked chicken, a light bottled dressing and Milton’s Multi-Grain Baked Snack Crackers, for the croutons. This main course salad has all the incredible taste sensations of these two dishes but with a fraction of the fat and calories. The skinny for 1 serving, 320 calories, 13 grams of fat, and 8 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This includes the dressing, crackers and cheese.
- 12 strips Oscar Meyer Center Cut Bacon, see shopping tips
- 12 cups romaine lettuce (3 cups per salad)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (8oz) chicken breasts, cooked with skin removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 24 Miltonâs Original Multi-Grain Baked Snack Crackers, see shopping tip
- Â½ cup Girardâs Light Caesar Dressing, Kenâs Steak House Lite Caesar dressing or Cardini Light Caesar Vinaigrette, see shopping tips
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, Champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons (1 oz) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, for topping
- To cook the bacon-place on a microwave-safe plate two sheets of paper towels. Lay on top of paper towels, 6 slices of bacon in a single layer. Lay another 2 sheets of paper towels on top of bacon. Cook in microwave until crisp (~ 4 to 5 minutes). Blot cook pieces and set side. Repeat steps with remaining 6 pieces, using more paper towels.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and crackers. Crumble all the bacon into the bowl. Add dressing, vinegar and toss well. Add more dressing, if desired.
- Divide salad among 4 dinner plates. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- *See shopping tips below under comments
- Weight Watchers (old points) 7
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 8
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 salad (including crouton crackers, dressing and cheese)
- 320 calories, 13g fat, 32g protein, 16g carbs, 4g fiber, 557mg sodium, 3g sugar
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 260g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||40%|
|Total Fat 6.67g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.51g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 8.62g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|