Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 3/4 Cup Cake and Pastry Flour, Sifted
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 4 large Egg Whites
- 1/4 Tsp. Cream of Tartar (Spice)
- Line bottom only of 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper cut to fit. Or, alternatively, have 10-inch tube pan ready.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Pour in oil, water, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat for 1 minute or until very smooth. Wash beaters.
- In large bowl, and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour egg yolk mixture evenly over stiffly beaten egg whites. Fold in until blended and evenly colored.
- Pour into prepared pan. With knife, cut through batter to remove air bubbles. Smooth top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. (Or, if tube pan is used, invert pan and allow to hang upside down on its own rack or funnel.) Loosen around edge of cake; invert onto cake plate. Remove parchment paper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 39g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||38%|
|Total Fat 5.4g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.65g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 17.94g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|