Cost per serving $1.82 view details
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken thigh
- 1 bn broccoli
- 2 sm white turnips
- 1/4 x carrot
- 2Â 1/8 c. kelp-flavored fish stock (nidashijiru)
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. starch mixed with
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 Tbsp. Japanese rice wine (sake)
- 1 Tbsp. sweetened cooking sake (mirin)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. light color soy sauce (usukuchi-shoyu)
- Cut chicken into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes.
- Cut broccoli into flowerets (no stems) and blanch for 30 seconds in boiling water. Drain in colander.
- Cut turnip greens about 1/4-inch from root. Cut turnips into six wedges. Pare off thick outer layer.
- Cut carrot into bite-size pcs.
- Boil stock and add in chicken, turnip and carrot. Cook till vegetables are soft. Skim off foam.
- Add in seasonings and broccoli. Cook till heated through. Add in starch and water and stir till thickened.
- Add in ginger juice, stir and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 317g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 72||37%|
|Total Fat 7.98g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.19g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 16.32g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|