My Cousin has an allergy, and my Aunt Pearl and I substitute this breading in so many recipes. It works well, and is easy to make in bulk and use directly from the freezer without thaw time!!
We use it on fish, chicken, pork, etc. We use it in meatballs and in any recipe that calls for bread crumbs.
- 3 cups rice chex cereal (GF) processed fine in a food processor
- 3 cups wheat chex cereal (GF) processed fine in a food processor
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cayenne pepper (ground) to taste
- in a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and freeze in freezer bags.
- NOTE: When using to coat meat, pat dry with paper towel, dip in olive oil, and then into (NOT) Breading Mixture.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 397g|
|Calories from Fat 597||38%|
|Total Fat 67.67g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 37.77g||151%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 146.5g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|