Cost per recipe $10.86 view details
- 18 x Nabisco chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter, melted (1/2 stick, see note)
- 2 x (8-oz) pkgs. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 x Large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2/3 c. plus 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 x vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise and seeds scraped and reserved
- 1Â 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream
- Stir together crushed wafers and cinnamon with a fork. Pour in butter, and stir till mix is moist. Press mix into a 9 inch spring-form pan, forming a crust just over 1 inch high around the sides. You might think you need more wafers, but you don'teaspoon Press patiently till a tight, thin layer forms.
- Refrigeratetill needed. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with baking sheet on center rack.
- In an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese till creamy and fluffy. Add in Large eggs, 2/3 c. sugar and seeds from vanilla bean, and whisk till very smooth. Scrape bowl with a spatula to break up lumps. Pour into crust and place on baking sheet. Bake 25 min.
- Meanwhile, blend lowfat sour cream with the remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar. After 25 min, remove cake from oven and let sit 5 min. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Gently spoon lowfat sour cream mix on top and spread proportionately. Return cake to oven and bake 7 min. Cold on a wire rack.
- Note: Use real butter or possibly stick margarine. Don't substitute reduced-fat spreads; their higher water content often yields less-satisfactory results. -
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1144g|
|Calories from Fat 2456||70%|
|Total Fat 279.22g||349%|
|Saturated Fat 159.42g||638%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 219.26g||58%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|