Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 jar pureed plums with apples baby food (4 ounce)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. egg substitute - (equal to 1 egg)
- 1/2 c. nonfat lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso coffee pwdr
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- Â Â Cocoa pwdr for garnish
- Â Â Instant espresso coffee pwdr for garnish
- Â Â Raspberries for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking pwdr and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir till the ingredients are blended. Combine the baby food puree, vanilla, egg substitute and lowfat milk. Stir it into the dry ingredients till they're almost blended. Combine the espresso pwdr and boiling water and stir the liquid into the batter just till the ingredients are blended.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake the cake till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 min. Cold the cake in the pan 10 min. Invert it onto a wire rack to cold a little more, then place the hot cake on a serving plate. Sprinkle the top of the cake with some cocoa pwdr and instant coffee.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve each piece with a few raspberries.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 10||5%|
|Total Fat 1.09g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.17g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.64g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|