Offerings from a no-dough foundation to a glorious crown of tortilla corn chips. A distinctive quiche to honour the two most influential women in my life.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . >(American / Metric measures)<
- . > PART -1
- . 3 Tbsps. (45ml) grapeseed oil
- . 1 large, sweet onion, thinly sliced
- . 1 small garlic clove, minced
- . 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- . 8 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- . 1 big bunch of Kale greens, stemmed and chopped
- . 1/8 cup (30ml) dry white wine
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) sea salt
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) mix of Italian dried herbs
- . > PART - 2
- . 6 xLarge eggs
- . 1 cup (250g) fresh Ricotta cheese
- . 1/8 tsp. (.5ml) sea salt
- . 40-45 Tortilla corn chips *
- . 14 pitted, low salt black olives
- . generous handful of roasted nuts of choice (optional)
- The foundation of this quiche makes use of all the broken tortilla chips found at the bottom of the bag.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C/Gas5. Position the rack on the second level from the bottom. Use a large, round 10 x 2 inch (26 x 5cm) shallow, oven-proof dish. Generously grease dish with vegetable oil.
- . > PART 1 - Vegetable mix can be prepared ahead of time: In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter. Add the onions and sauté a few minutes before adding the garlic and pepper slices. Cook through until caramelized. Lower the heat to MEDIUM-LOW. This will take about another 10 minutes or so. Turn up the heat slightly. Then add to this mix, the sun-dried tomatoes as well as the greens (stemmed, washed and spun dry). Continue to cook until the greens have shrank halfway. Add a generous splash of wine. Add seasoning last. Toss until well combined. Turn off the heat and keep the mix ready to receive the egg-ricotta blend. Set aside.
- . Part 2 - Assembly: In a blender, mix the eggs, salt, as well as the ricotta and blend until smoothly combined. Place enough Tortilla chips to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread the vegetable mix evenly on top and lightly pat down. Pour the creamy egg-ricotta mix slowly over top. Sprinkle with the (optional) roasted nuts and garnish with the black olives. Lastly, around the perimeter of the dish, dig and place each Tortilla chip (wide-side down) by over-lapping them. These will have to be snuggled together in order to form the proper shield.
- . BAKE for about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 more minutes before serving.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com