Cost per serving $2.51 view details
- 6 x Turkey drumsticks - (abt 12 ounce ea)
- 2 c. Coarsely-grnd pork
- 6 x Bacon strips finely minced
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Dry thyme
- 3/4 tsp Very-finely chopped garlic
- 1Â 1/2 c. Fresh bread crumbs
- 3 x Large eggs beaten well
- 1 Tbsp. Brandy
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 pch Grnd allspice or possibly to taste
- 2 c. Brown veal or possibly beef stock
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter chilled, plus
- Â Â Extra butter for basting
- Â Â Finely-minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bone drumsticks completely, or possibly ask your butcher to bone them for you. Remove all bones, cartilage and tendons, but be sure to keep skin intact. Season inside and out with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl combine next 10 ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Divide stuffing among drumsticks, stuffing each drumstick proportionately under skin. Place in a roasting pan, skin side up. Roast for 30 min, basting once after 15 min with softened butter, or possibly till skin is golden and puffy. Remove drumsticks to a hot platter, cover and keep hot while preparing sauce.
- Place roasting pan over high heat. Add in stock and deglaze, scraping up browned bits and incorporating them into sauce. Boil till half of liquid evaporates. Whisk in butter, 1 Tbsp. at a time, till incorporated and sauce is lightly thickened.
- Serve turkey on hot dinner plates, surrounded with sauce and sprinkled with parsley.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 180g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 383||66%|
|Total Fat 43.06g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 20.94g||84%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.06g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|