Finally the exams are over , so whts the first thing i decided to do...quite obvious actually i decided to try something new today. And I made my very first Stuffed Crescent Rolls. Frankly this is the first time i had Crescents.
- FOR CRESCENT DOUGH
- All purpose floor - 4 & half cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Instant dry yeast - 1 tablespoon
- Dried Basil - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - Quarter cup
- Salt - A pinch
- Water - 3-4 cups
- FOR CRESCENT STUFFING
- Chicken breast 2 slices
- Onion 2 medium sized
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Corn 200 gms
- Spinach 1 bunch
- Cream 3 tablespoon
- Mozzarella cheese 300 gms
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tablespoon
- Unsalted Butter 2-3 tablespoon
- Egg white 1 egg
- Oil 2-3 tablespoon
- Salt As per taste
- CRESCENT DOUGH:-
- 1.Take water in a bowl; place it on low flame and add sugar, stir till the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Add the yeast to the sugar-water bowl after removing from heat and leave it for 10 min or till the yeast dissolves properly and the water gets a little frothy.
- 3. Sift and pour the flour into a large bowl.Add salt and dried basil to the flour and mix them thoroughly.
- 4. Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture and pour the yeast mixture and oil.Using a spatula, combine all the ingredients properly.
- 5. Then mix the dough with hands and place it in a large bowl and let the dough stand for at least 1 hour so that the yeast can work on it.
- 6. After the dough is double its original size, punch it down to eliminate the air bubbles.
- 7. Sprinkle some flour on the large wooden surface. Place the dough on the floured surface. Knead the dough by pushing and folding till it forms a smooth dough.
- 8. Place the dough in the bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- CRESCENT STUFFING :-
- 1.Cut the chicken and onion into cubes.Chop the spinach into medium pieces.
- 2. Boil the corn in a cooker with a pinch a salt, one whistle of the cooker is enough to soften the corn.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped onions and fry till it turns translucent.
- 4. Add the chicken cubes to the pan. Sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder and fry it over medium heat till the chicken turns soft.
- 5. Heat oil in a separate pan, add grated garlic cloves and fry the cloves.
- 6. Add the boiled corn and chopped spinach to the pan.Sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder and fry it over medium heat till the water is evaporated and the spinach is cooked.
- 7. Add 1 tablespoon of cream and combine all the ingredients.
- 8. Cook it for 5-6 min more.
- CRESCENT ROLLS :-
- 1. For the final assembling, punch the dough down to eliminate the air bubbles.
- 2. Sprinkle some flour on the large wooden surface. Place the dough on the floured surface. Cut the dough into 3-4 pieces.
- 3. Cover a oven rack with a baking paper. Drizzle some oil on the baking sheet and cover it with oil properly.
- 4. Roll the dough using a rolling pin into 1/4" thick circular shape and brush some butter.
- 5. Cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Remove the excess flour.
- 6. On the wide-end on the wedge, place the stuffing and grated cheese.From the same end roll-up each wedge; bend into a crescent shape and place point-side down in the baking pans about 1 inch apart.
- 7. Repeat the process with all the other doughs.
- 8. Brush the top of the crescent rolls with egg white.
- 9. Cook the rolls in the oven at 220 degree for 20 min.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 512g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1532||91%|
|Total Fat 173.03g||216%|
|Saturated Fat 22.64g||91%|
|Trans Fat 3.95g|
|Total Carbs 11.16g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|