- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. ice water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 c. peeled, sliced kiwifruit (divided)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 c. quartered fresh strawberries
- Mix together flour and salt in bowl. Cut in butter till mix resembles coarse crumbs. Mix together ice water and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle half over flour. Toss with a fork till dry ingredients are moistened. Add in more liquid as needed and mix till a dough forms. Knead into a dough ball and flatten into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate30 min. Roll dough out to an 11 inch circle and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges and flute.
- Prick bottom and sides with tines of fork. Cover and refrigerate10 min. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line pastry with foil and weights and bake another 10 min or possibly till golden.
- Put 2 c. kiwifruit in saucepan and mash with potato masher.
- Add in sugar and cornstarch and stir well. Add in water and stir and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in butter and lemon juice. Stir till butter melts and set aside. Place remaining 2 c. kiwifruit into bottom of pie crust. Pour mashed kiwi mix over all. Smooth edges. Arrange strawberry slices over top in decorative pattern, pressing gently into surface.
- Refrigerate3-4 hrs