Cost per serving $1.88 view details
- 1/2 lb Thai flat rice noodles
- Â Â (bahn pho)*
- Â Â Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 lb Hard tofu, ct into tiny cube
- 1/4 c. Peanut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. Very thinly sliced chicken
- Â Â Breast meat
- 1/4 lb Shrimp, peeled and cut in
- Â Â Half the long way
- 2 x Large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Dry shrimp pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Dry-roasted salted
- Â Â Peanuts, minced fine
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Thai sish sauce*
- 1/4 c. Tamarind sauce (recipe Follows)
- 2 tsp Red chili paste with garlic*
- 2 c. Bean sprouts
- Â Â Garnish
- 2 x Limes, quartered
- 1/3 c. Fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 x Scallions, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Dry-roasted salted peanuts minced fine
- Available at some Asian markets
- Start this dish by preparing the Tamarind sauce (recipe follows). Set it as cold.
- Soak the noodles in ample hot water till supple, about 15 min, drain set aside. Place the noodles in boiling water and cook just till the water returns to the boil. Drain again. Heat the oil for deep-frying to 375 degre and deep-fry the tofu. Be sure to pat the tofu dry on a paper towel first s it won't spatter fat on you. Drain the tofu and set aside.
- Heat a large wok and add in the peanut oil, garlic, and chicken. Stir-fry for min and then add in the shrimp, liquid removed noodles, beaten Large eggs, and deep-fri tofu. Toss well and stir-fry for 3 to 4 min over medium-high heat. Add in remaining ingredients, except the garnishes, and stir-fry for a few more mi till the noodles are warm and tender.
- Place on a serving platter with the garnishes, that are an integral part o dish.
- Serves 4-6.
- NOTES: To make your own shrimp pwdr, grind dry shrimp in a food process blender. Peanut oil can be reduced by half.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 224g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||40%|
|Total Fat 17.51g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3.71g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.34g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|