Cost per serving $2.15 view details
- 1 c. butter or possibly margarine - (1/2 lb) room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 6 lrg Large eggs
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp grnd cardamom
- 1/4 tsp grnd cloves
- 1/4 tsp grnd allspice
- 1 lb dry apricots - (2 2/3 c.)
- 1/2 lb pecan halves - (2 c.)
- 1/2 lb dry lightly-sweetened pineapple
- 1/2 lb dry sweetened cranberries - (2 c.)
- 1/2 lb dry cherries or possibly blueberries - (2 c.)
- 1/2 c. apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp. orange-flavor liqueur
- Lightly butter a 5- by 9-inch loaf pan. Line with cooking parchment.
- In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1 c. butter with sugar till fluffy.
- Beat in Large eggs, 1 at a time, till well blended. Beat in molasses.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, and allspice. Add in to egg mix; beat just till blended.
- Set aside 6 to 8 apricots, 10 to 12 pecan halves, and 1 pineapple ring.
- Cut remaining pineapple into 3/4-inch pcs and add in to batter along with the remaining apricots and pecans and the cranberries and cherries. Stir till well mixed.
- Scrape batter into parchment-lined pan, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; spread top level.
- Bake in a 275 degree oven till cake is hard in center when touched, about 3 hrs. If it browns too rapidly, drape with foil.
- Cold in pan on rack at least 2 1/2 hrs. Lift out cake; peel off parchment.
- Mix apricot jam with liqueur and brush over top of cake. Decoratively arrange reserved apricots, pecans, and pineapple in apricot glaze; brush more apricot jam mix over fruit. Wrap airtight and refrigerateat least 1 day.
- This recipe yields 1 cake; about 25 servings.
- Comments: Bake cake at least 1 day or possibly up to 2 months ahead; cold and wrap in cheesecloth or possibly a thin towel saturated with orange-flavor liqueur. Refrigerateairtight, and about every 10 days, moisten cloth with more liqueur. Serve thin slices of cake plain, with vanilla ice cream topped with rum-plumped raisins, or possibly with rum-raisin ice cream. Wrap and continue to age extra cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 175g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 221||49%|
|Total Fat 25.4g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 11.17g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.99g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|