As for the story behind this dish ,it so happened that its Friday and I was getting bored in office and I started checking out some cooking sites and I saw a new preparation 'stuffed chicken'.The name itself attracted me; I found it supper interesting and had to give it a try .Most of their recipes had used cheese for stuffing but I wanted to try something else so I used spinach and so my Spinach Stuffed Chicken was created.....
- FOR SPINACH STUFFING
- Spinach Bunch 2 bunches
- Onion 1 medium sized
- Garlic cloves 3-4 pieces
- Fresh Cream 1/4 cup
- Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil Quarter cup
- Salt A pinch
- FOR CHICKEN
- Chicken breast 2 slices
- Honey 1/4 cup
- Mustard Paste 1 tablespoon
- Flour 1 cup
- Breadcrumb 2 cups
- Dried Basil 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder 2 tablespoon
- Unsalted Butter 1 tablespoon
- Egg 1 egg
- Oil 2-3 tablespoon
- Salt As per taste
- STUFFING PREPARATION:-
- Wash the spinach in running water and chop it as finely as possible.
- Cut the onion into julienne and soak it into ice cold water for 5 min. Grate the garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a pan , add the onion after squeezing off the water. Add salt and grated garlic to this and fry till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the spinach to the fried onions on low flame. Cover the pan and leave it for sometime till the water from the spinach is soaked and the spinach is properly cooked.
- Add red chilli powder to the cooking spinach and cook for 2 min.Finally add the cream and cook again till all the excess water is soaked in.
- CHICKEN PREPARATION :-
- While the spinach stuffing is being cooked, wash the 2 chicken breast and pat it dry.
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat the same with the other chicken piece too.
- Divide the stuffing equally and evenly on both the flatten chicken breast. Roll up the chicken such that the stuffing is totally covered and secure it with wooden picks. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the stuffed chicken.
- Place some flour in a place. Then beat an egg on a big bowl with some salt. Then take the breadcrumbs in a place and mix it with salt,pepper and dried basil.
- Now coat the chicken in flour, removing the excess soak it in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs. Cover the chicken with the breadcrumbs.
- Take a baking dish and drizzle some oil in it. Then arrange the chicken pieces in the baking dish and cook it in the oven for 20 min in 200 degree Celsius.
- ASSEMBLING :-
- When the chicken is done,heat butter in pan, add mustard paste to the pan and cook it for 2 -3 min or until done.
- To the pan add red chilli powder and salt and cook it for some time.
- Finally add the honey to the pan and cook the mixture thoroughly.
- Place the chicken pieces in a plate and cover it with the honey-mustard paste.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 493g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 444||33%|
|Total Fat 50.11g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 14.34g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.61g|
|Total Carbs 169.02g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||27%|