Cost per serving $0.82 view details
- 2 Cups Crushed Graham Crackers
- 1/2 stick Butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups Heavy cream
- 3 tbsp Conf Sugar
- 1 (0.6oz) pkg Watermelon Jello (can sub Knox unflavored gelatin)
- 3 cups Watermelon diced & pureed
- 2 cups Watermelon balls or cubes
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
- Watermelon Syrup:
- In a medium sauce pan bring watermelon puree "water" to a boil.
- Add gelatin. Stir to combine until gelatin has dissolved.
- Lower heat to low, steep 15 mins.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until reaches "syrup" consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and gran. sugar.
- Pat mixture into bottom and upsides of a 9 in pie plate.
- Bake at 350Â° for 20 mins until firm.
- Remove from oven, cool 10 mins.
- Refrigerate 35-45 mins.
- In Large mixing bowl combine whipping cream and conf. sugar.
- Beat mixture to stiff peaks.
- Push mixture to side of bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of watermelon syrup to empty side of bowl.
- Fold whipped cream into syrup.
- Slowly and carefully folding so not to break cream.
- Taste. (if watermelon flavor is prominent, stop...If weak add more syrup)
- Once Cream is complete, fold in watermelon balls or cubes.
- Remove crust from refrigerator.
- Pour 2 -3 tbsp syrup into bottom of crust.
- Swirl syrup throughout crust coating it with watermelon goodness!
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Freeze for 1 hour minimum, then move to refrigerator.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream, diced watermelon and chocolate shavings if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 96g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||52%|
|Total Fat 18.89g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 9.95g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.48g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|