6 Eggs and Pepper Jack Cheese for a one dish, healthy, casserole meal. It's certainly fit for a family to love.
This SIX ingredient recipe was created for the AMEX Dinner @ 6 Tastemaker contest offered by Foodbuzz. Come on and comment for an opportunity to win a $100 gift card.
- 1 medium zucchini â peeled, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4â half moon pieces
- 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or you can use your favorite bean) â mash HALF of the beans. NOTE: This does not result in the beans being HALF as gassy
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice (or wild rice or your favorite rice)
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten *You can also use 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites or all egg whites but since there is no added fat, itâs recommended you had some yolk.
- 11 oz can Mexican Style Corn, drained
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl then pour into a non stick, 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish. If using a glass dish, spray lightly with non stick spray.
- Bake for 50 â 60 minutes and try not to over bake.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 234g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||26%|
|Total Fat 6.12g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.78g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.95g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|