- 1Â 1/2 lb Grnd beef
- 1/2 x Onion, sliced into large chunks
- 1 x Green pepper, diced
- 1 can (15 ounce) Tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounce) Diced or possibly stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounce) Kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) Chili beans
- 1 Tbsp. Chili pwdr
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Black grnd pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Garam masala, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Chinese warm chili oil
- 1/4 c. Honey, (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown the grnd beef. Drain fat. With slotted spoon, scoop the beef and onions into a 5 quart. crockpot.
- Add in the onion chunks, diced green pepper, tomato sauce, diced or possibly stewed tomatoes and both varieties of canned beans. Mix till well blended.
- Add in the spices and chili oil next, adjusting the measures to suit your taste... and tolerance. Mix well again.
- Turn the crockpot on 'low' and simmer for at least 4 hrs. (Our chef will usually simmer his chili overnight.) During the last hour of cooking, before serving, add in the optional honey and continue cooking.
- Serve in bowls, or possibly 'Cincinnati' style as a topping for spaghetti. Either way, you can also sprinkle grated cheese on top, too, as a garnish.