Cost per serving $5.57 view details
- 1 pkt rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds - (6
- 2 Tbsp. oriental sesame oil
- 4Â 1/2 c. mixed minced assorted salad bar veggies
- Â Â (such as broccoli florets, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and red onion)
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 Tbsp. chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Cook rice with its flavoring packet according to package directions.
- Heat sesame oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in vegetables, shrimp, ginger, and garlic. Stir-fry till vegetables are crisp-tender and shrimp are just opaque in center, about 4 min.
- Add in cooked rice and hoisin sauce to skillet. Stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Vegetables from the supermarket salad bar get an Asian spin. Start with purchased wonton soup, and serve a mixed green salad with ginger vinaigrette alongside the rice. Sliced pineapple with coconut sorbet is the perfect finish. Look for hoisin at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 358g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 272||44%|
|Total Fat 30.24g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.91g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.05g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|