This is a delicious and healthy dish that takes 5 minutes to make and goes with almost anything--asian, mediterranean or american. Barefoot Contessa has a similar recipe but adds butter and extra salt. You don't need that, but can add if you like. Fresh spinach is much better than frozen in this dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach leaves (baby spinach is best)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper or to taste
- 1 Lemon squeezed or to taste
- Rinse spinach in cold water. Spin or pat dry.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute garlic on Med about 1 minute or until translucent. Add spinach, salt and pepper to pot and toss with garlic and oil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover th pot, turn heat to High, and cook for another minute, stirring until spinach is wilted.
- Using a slotted spoon or spatula, lift the spinach into a serving bowl and squeeze lemon over. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||68%|
|Total Fat 4.83g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.67g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.92g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|