- 2 to 3 cups of your favorite fruit (blackberries, peaches, blueberries, cherries, you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, divided
- 1 stick of sweet butter (NOT margarine)
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cups self rising flour, sifted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Mix the fruit, 3/4 cups of sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl and set aside. Be sure to stir well!
- Melt the stick of butter in a deep casserole baking dish in the oven.
- Mix the flour and remaining sugar together and stir in the whipping cream
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the casserole dish and then pour the fruit mixture on top of the batter. DO NOT STIR after either step!
- Bake your cobbler at 350 degrees until the cobbler rises to the top and is golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve cobbler warm with vanilla ice cream, creme fresh, or just by itself!