This is a variation of Graham Cracker Snowballs and one way to get your “s’mores fix” any time of the year! (See variation recipe below under “Useful links.” An easy confection ~ not a cookie, not a candy, but a cross somewhere between. No cooking, no baking. Easy to make though a litttle messy. Enlist the kids to help roll them and they'll have a fun activity to share in the kitchen with you. You might want to make a half batch of each recipe using ½ can of the condensed milk in each.
- 3 Â½ to 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut (more or less as needed)
- In large bowl combine 3 1/2 cups of the graham cracker crumbs, nuts (optional), marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and condensed milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are blended well.
- Dough should be able to be molded and stick together. If too sticky, add a few more reserved graham cracker crumbs, but not to the extent that dough is dry and will not coat with coconut.
- Pinch off pieces about ping pong ball size and roll into balls then into coconut and place on waxed paper lined baking sheet. (I make some without rolling in coconut for those who prefer them that way.) Allow to set and dry somewhat, about Â½ hour. They should not be tacky whether they were rolled in coconut or not.
- Store in air tight container in fridge or serve immediately.
- Yield: about 60 snowballs.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 28g|
|Recipe makes 60 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||25%|
|Total Fat 3.07g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.98g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.05g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|