I named these cakes Chocoffee cakes as it has a rich taste of Chocolate with a good hint of Coffee!
I made these cakes specially for my beautiful sister who celebrated her bday recently...Love u!!
Well we loved the cake and also shared with few friends who enjoyed it too!
- All purpose flour - 2cups
- Baking powder - 1.5tsps
- Baking Soda - 1tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Milk Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 8tbsp (1 Stick)
- Sugar - 1.5 cups
- Eggs - 3
- Vannila extract - 2tsp
- Instant Coffee powder- 1-2 tbsp ( as per your coffee liking)
- Warm water - 1-2tbsp
- Dark chocolate chips (chopped) - 1cup
- Powdered sugar - 4tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray butter over a baking pan for the cake (I used a mini square shaped baking pan)
- Sift or whisk together the dry indregients in a large bowl (All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
- In a small bowl add the butter, semi sweet chcocolate chips and Milk choclate chips and place in in the microwave for 30seconds or just until the chocolate and butter melts and stir until it forms a thick liquid cosistency. ( you may also melt over a bowl of boiling water)
- Warm some water and add the coffee powder to it and mix well.
- In another large bowl beat together the eggs and sugar for about 5mins and then add the vanilla extract ,coffee and the melted chocolate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and blend it all together for 3-4minutes.
- Fold in the chopped dark chocolate chips and mix together.
- Using an icecream scoop, pour 1 scoop each of the cake batter into the square pan ( Or you may pour the entire mixture into a full baking pan)
- Bake for 20-25minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean ( A full cake needs 55 to 60 minutes)
- Garnish the cakes with powdered sugar.
- Suggestion: You may also use chocolate ganache to garnish , but I prefered it without any ganache to get the actual taste of the cake :-)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 115g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||36%|
|Total Fat 19.8g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 12.13g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 74.07g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|