Cost per recipe $1.79 view details
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1/4 c. Cracked wheat
- 2Â 1/4 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter
- 2Â 1/4 Tbsp. Molasses or possibly barley malt
- 1 Tbsp. Grated fresh orange peel
- Â Â (zest)
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1Â 1/2 c. Whole wheat or possibly rye flour
- Â Â (your choice will affect The taste - I prefer wheat)
- 1Â 1/2 c. High gluten bread flour
- 2 tsp Dry yeast
- 2 tsp Gluten (IMPORTANT!)
- 3 Tbsp. Buttermilk pwdr
- THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (using FRESH seeds only!) in 1 1/3 c. of boiling water and soak for 1 hour minimum. (This pre-soaks the cracked wheat and pre-releases the other flavors.)
- Dump this concoction into a bowl and add in the remaining 6 ingredients.
- Set your bread machine to White and bake at the medium setting...
- Manual - do the normal knead and rise tricks. Bake at 350 F for 30 - 35 min. (test this since oven temps. vary)
- Makes 1 loaf
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 153g|
|Calories from Fat 243||53%|
|Total Fat 27.51g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 5.18g||21%|
|Trans Fat 4.69g|
|Total Carbs 44.45g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|