Cost per serving $3.75 view details
- 3 cups fruity zinfandel
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 cups raspberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 piece of lemon peel, 2 inches long,
- removed with a vegetable peeler
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup fraises des bois or wild
- strawberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crÃ¨me de cassis
- To make the sherbet, bring the Zinfandel, sugar, and water to a boil over high heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, pour it over the 6 cups raspberries. Let steep for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, to make the compote, puree 1 cup of the raspberries in a food processor or blender to obtain a smooth puree. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl and reserve. Place the water, sugar, and lemon peel in a medium-size pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to medium and add the blueberries. Cook until the blueberries just begin to crack, about 1 minute. Add the fraises des bois. Remove the lemon peel and discard. Stir in the raspberry puree, crÃ¨me de cassis, and remaining 1 cup raspberries. You should have 2 cups of compote.
- Finish the sherbet by pureeing the raspberry-Zinfandel mixture in a blender and straining through a fine mesh strainer. Refrigerate the mixture until well chilled. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream maker.
- To serve, place the compote in a saucepan over medium heat and warm for about 1 minute. Scoop the sherbet into bowls and spoon the warm compote over the top. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 285g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||4%|
|Total Fat 1.9g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.61g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 87.97g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.0g||40%|