Cost per recipe $0.04 view details
- 1 sm cooking pumpkin
- 1/2 c. "raw" cashew pcs
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger (or possibly to taste)
- Â Â salt to taste
- Soak cashews in water to cover for several hrs. This step is optional, but helps them blend better.
- Cut pumpkin in half, remove seeds, and bake cut side down at 350 degrees F till very tender (45 min to one hour).
- Scrape pumpkin from the peel and puree in a blender, with any juices, in batches. Put pureed pumpkin into your soup pot.
- Blend cashews in blender till smooth and add in to the pumpkin puree.
- Rinse the blender with a little water and add in to the pot. Add in a little more water if it's too thick.
- Add in ginger and salt to taste and heat gently for a few min to blend the flavors.
- For an even easier variation, use frzn, cooked squash.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 5g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.99g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|