This is the first time I use pumpkin in a dessert and I am absolutely in love with it! I found the recipe on this website and because I had a big slice of pumpkin in the fridge, I decided to try it! I changed a few ingredients and also modified the quantities because I wanted to make a bigger cake.
- 500g pumpkin, steamed
- 180g brown rice flour (ground some brown rice)
- 200ml coconut milk
- coconut flakes, for garnish - just enough to cover the whole cake
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 100g agave syrup or Sucanat
- Add the steamed pumpkin, sweetener, rice flour and coconut milk in your food processor. Blend until it has a smooth consistency.
- Place half of the mixture in a cake form, sprinkle some raisins on top then add the other half.
- Place it in your steam oven - use a regular steamer if you don't have a steam oven or bake it. *If you use a regular steamer place the mixture without the cake form and put it in the cake form after it is cooked.
- Steam until cooked. Test it after 25 minutes with a toothpick. Stick the toothpick in the cake and if it's clean when you take it out it means it's ready.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Let it cool and place it in the fridge.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 121g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||48%|
|Total Fat 14.12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 12.3g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.56g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|