Cost per serving $0.78 view details
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons Vino Cotto di Montillo
- 2 portabella mushrooms 3-inches round
- Coat an oven-proof glass dish with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Wash mushrooms and place them upside down on a plate to drain. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add margarine and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Melt margarine over low heat while stirring.
- Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toss frequently to evenly coat the crumbs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Saturate only the delicate inside cavity of each mushroom with vino cotto.
- Fill with the bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Loosely cover the mushrooms with tinfoil to prevent the bread crumbs from burning.
- Continue baking until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Variation: Before adding vino cotto into the mushrooms, combine vino cotto with a touch of distilled vinegar to taste. This creates a delicious balsamic vinegar. To provide a slightly sweet, acidic finish to the mushrooms, substitute straight vino cotto syrup with homemade balsamic vinegar. Follow remaining steps above.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 139g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 263||70%|
|Total Fat 29.77g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 4.81g||19%|
|Trans Fat 2.09g|
|Total Carbs 23.66g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|