Use my Weir Dough for Pizza recipe to make the dough!
Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces grated Italian fontina cheese
- 2 bunches tender young flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounce chunk Parmigiano Reggiano
- Weir Dough for Pizza
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and place pizza brick on the bottom shelf of oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and let stand for 30 minutes. Pick the parsley leaves from stems and discard stems.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dough into 2 round pieces. Do not work the dough too much. Roll and form one piece of dough into a 10 to 11-inch circle, 3/8ths-inch thick. Transfer to a heavily floured pizza peel and brush teh dough to within 1/2-inch of edge with the garlic-infused oil. Sprinkle half of the combined cheeses on top of the oil Transfer the unbaked pizza directly onto a pizza brick and bake until golden and crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss the parsley leaves with the vinaigrette. Shave the Parmigiano Reggiano into paper-thin slices. When the pizza is golden and crisp, remove from the oven. Top with half of the parsley salad and Parmigiano Reggiano. Serve immediately. Repeat for second pizza.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 82g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 265||75%|
|Total Fat 29.88g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 11.75g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.62g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|