I made this last night for our Super Bowl Party. Everyone really like it. I did add one more cup of beef broth, and 1 can of tomato paste as well as some Fennel and basil. I thought it needed a little more spice, but everyone else thought it was good. When making this again I will only add 1 cup of pasta.
I love soup recipes!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage (The family farm where we buy our meat makes their own Italian sausages and bratwursts.)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large chopped red onion
- 1 large diced green bell pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 c. red wine
- 2 c. beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 c. ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning*
- favorite pizza cheese, shredded