Cost per recipe $6.27 view details
- 1 med onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. vodka
- 1 x 28oz can crushed/pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Â Â salt and pepper to taste
- Â Â Parmigiano cheese and chives for garnish
- Â Â can also add in variety fresh mushrooms
- In a large saucepan heat extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in onions and saute/fry till translucent/soft.
- Add in tomatoes, vodka, crushed pepper and mushrooms and render down sauce (about 20 min).
- Add in cream and render again for about 20 min.
- Serve over choice of pasta and garnish with Parmesan. cheese and minced chives.
- Very nice sauce. I get lots of compliments on it.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 560g|
|Calories from Fat 632||64%|
|Total Fat 71.76g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 31.45g||126%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.95g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|