Cost per recipe $96.78 view details
- 1 x 16-ounce pkg. angel cake mix
- 10 x Striped, round peppermint candies, finely crushed (1/3 c.)
- 1 x Recipe Fat-Free Chocolate Sauce Striped round peppermint candies, crushed (optional)
- Fat Free Chocolate Sauce
- In small sauce pan stir together 3/4 c. sugar, 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa pwdr and 4 tsp cornstarch. Add in 1/2 c. evaporated skim lowfat milk Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 min more. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp vanilla. Cold sauce slightly. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions.
- Gently mix in crushed candies. Pour batter proportionately into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Gently cut through cake batter with knife or possibly narrow metal spatula (to remove any air pockets). Bake according to package directions.
- Immediately invert baked cake in a pan and cold completely. Using narrow spatula, loosen the sides of cake from the pan. Remove cake.
- To serve, slice the cake and spoon hot chocolate sauce over each serving.
- Sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint candies, if you like. Refrigerateany remaining sauce; rewarm before serving on leftover cake.
- Serves 12
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 283g|
|Calories from Fat 97||29%|
|Total Fat 10.74g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.17g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|