A very flavourful and crunchy way to enjoy fish fillets.
Cost per serving $3.80 view details
- 1 large egg
- All-purpose flour
- Kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, smoked paprika
- 1/2 lb toasted pecans
- 2 fresh tilapia fillets
- vegetable oil for frying
- kosher salt, to taste
- Place pecans in a sealed plastic bag, and crush by hitting with a rolling pin or a heavy mug.
- Beat egg with a little bit of water and place in a shallow dish.
- Cover the bottom of a shallow dish with all-purpose flour, mix with kosher salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Spread crushed pecans in a third shallow dish.
- Pour 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a skillet, heat to medium heat.
- Pat tilapia fillets with paper towel to remove moisture. Coat both sides of filet in egg wash, then flour, then egg wash again. Press both sides into crushed pecans, shake fillet gently to remove excess.
- Fry fillets in oil, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle immediately with kosher salt.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 385||84%|
|Total Fat 45.79g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 4.51g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.78g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|