A favorite candy enjoyed by kids and adults alike, made with a touch of class. They are very easy to make for an elegant dinner party or a Halloween party. The chocolate cups can be made ahead and prior to serving, make the peanut butter whipped, assemble and serve. This will yield 12 regular sized cups as shown below.
- 18 oz. of good quality milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter divided
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream divided
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter or more if desired
- Muffin papers
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- When working with chocolate, you will need to work very quickly. Have everything in place to prevent chocolate from burning or getting hard too quickly. Prepare a muffin tin by placing 12 muffin papers in each cup. Have a small, a plastic spoon and non-stick cooking spray waiting and a place to put your hot pan while you work. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat stirring constantly to prevent from burning or use a double boiler. Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of cream. Divide chocolate into muffin cups. Using a spoon sprayed with non-stick cooking spray our preferably your fingers sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, smooth out the bottom and work your way up the edges. Remember to work quickly. Place muffin tin in freezer. Repeat process with the remaining cups. After all the cups have been formed, let the chocolate sit for at least 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Make peanut butter cream by placing a bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes. Add cream and beat until medium peaks form. Add sugar, vanilla and peanut butter and whip until well blended and medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Remove chocolate cups from the freezer and work quickly, but gently to unwrap each cup. Place in freezer if chocolate starts to melt. Plate by placing cup(s) on a plate and scoop whipped cream into each cup about 1 1/2 tablespoons per cup. Plate individually or on a large platter. Remember that chocolate will melt, so assemble and serve when they are to be eaten.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 35g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 112||78%|
|Total Fat 12.89g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.89g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.18g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|