- 1 lb beans
- 1/2 x kidney, 1/2 pinto
- 2 can tomatoes (28 ounce. ea.) crushed
- 1 lb hamburger cooked and liquid removed
- Â Â or possibly boneless chuck, 1/2" cubes
- 1 lb sausage cooked and liquid removed
- Â Â save drippings for cornbread
- 3 x onions
- 6 x cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tsp chili pwdr
- 2 tsp cumin
- Soak beans overnight in water. Drain and throw away water. Put all ingredients in Crock-pot. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs or possibly high 3-4 hrs.
- May need to add in water/beef stock/beer/wine to prevent drying out.
- Top with cheddar cheese, lowfat sour cream, black olives, or possibly onions. Serve with/over corn bread, tortilla chips, potatoes, etc.
- Other additions to try: 1 can beer (enhances flavor) 6-8 Strips Bacon (Note: save drippings for cornbread)