I love eating Chicken and since my childhood we have a rule in my house "Chicken every sunday!!!!" and I still follow the rule . When I was a kid my uncle would say that if I ate so much of chicken then soon I would dislike it well it didnt happen till now
My mom would always experiment with chicken dishes and non have ever failed . I too enjoy following her footsteps. So today's recipe is also an experiment and turns out that chicken and orange make a pretty good combination and forms a good appetizer ....
- Chicken Drumsticks 4 pieces
- Orange 1 large
- Dried Parsley 1 teapoon
- Flour 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoons
- Black Pepper Powder Half teaspoon
- Ginger Paste Half teaspoon
- Garlic Paste Half teaspoon
- Lemon 1 piece
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt As per taste
- 1. Make small slits all around the chicken pieces so that the chicken get cooked properly from inside as well.
- 2. Marinate the chicken drumsticks with the ginger paste , garlic paste, half a lemon juice , salt , red chilli powder ,black pepper powder , a bit of orange zest and a few drops of orange juice for 30 min.
- 3. Take the flour in a plate and cover each of the chicken pieces with the flour.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan and add the pieces and fry for 3 min only . 5. 5. Then place the pieces in the microwave for 12 min at 80 degree. 6. The pieces need to be turned from side to side at regular intervals.
- 7. In the mean time, in a pan add the rest of the orange juice , a few more orange zest , half a lemon juice , salt and black pepper and cook it over medium heat.
- 8. As the orange mixture starts evaporating add the honey stirring constantly. Let the mixture cook over medium heat till it forms a glaze.
- 9. Place the cooked chicken pieces in the orange glaze and coat it on all sides.
- 10. Remove the glazed chicken pieces on a piece and pour the rest of the glaze on the chicken piece.
- 11. The Orangey Chicken is ready to serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||32%|
|Total Fat 15.68g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 1.48g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.39g|
|Total Carbs 57.78g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|