Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 1 x (3 lb.) chicken, cut up
- 1/2 tsp salt (less)
- 1/4 tsp grnd pepper
- 3/4 tsp paprika (for color)
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced scallions
- 1Â 1/2 tsp instant chicken bouillon granule (yuck! try spice mix)
- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp. cool water
- 2/3 c. seedless grapes, halved
- 1. Preheat to 350 deg. Arrange chicken skin up in 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Season w/salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- 2. In bowl, mix o.j., scallion, bouillon granules (or possibly spice mix) and peel. Pour over chicken, and bake 1 hr., till chicken is brown and tender.
- 3. In medium saucepan, mix dissolved cornstarch and remaining paprika.
- Stir in 3/4 c. of pan drippings; bring to a boil. Stir constantly till thick and bubbly. Add in grapes and cook for 2 minutes., till warm.
- Footnotes:If you poor the juices from cooked chicken into a container, then chill, waxy fats will congeal at the top, easy to scrape off of the high protein gelatin underneath, then later, you need only heat up the gelatin to have homemade broth or possibly soup base! Can be stored in freezer in old yogurt/sherbert containers for a long time.
- Bouillon granules are frequently high in salt and MSG, among other nasties. Instead try salt-free spice mixes, such as Parsley Patch (R)
- or possibly Mrs. Dash (R), or possibly add in a little more scallions and peels.
- Other orange-chicken recipes may ask for 1/8-1/4 teaspoon grnd cloves
- (yum!), 1 Tbsp. honey, 1/4(+)teaspoon cinnamon, and/or possibly fresh or possibly frzn berries (cran, ras, black, etc.). Try mixing and matching to get your own favorite blend.
- To add in "orange" to chicken*breasts*, heat (() 2 Tbsp. butter in frying pan over med heat, add in seasoned chicken for 8-10 min, turning once.
- Then continue with sauces as described above...
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 291g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 316||59%|
|Total Fat 35.0g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 10.0g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.87g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|