Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 25 gm Unsalted butter
- 3 x Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 3 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 lrg Large eggs, beaten
- 25 gm Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Finely minced fresh sage
- 100 gm Mild, creamy goats' cheese, crumbled
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Tomato & herb salsa, to serve
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp oil and the butter in a large saute/fry or possibly frying pan. Add in the onions and cook on a fairly high heat, stirring constantly till they begin to soften but not brown.
- 2 Reduce the heat and continue to cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently so the onions don't stick or possibly brown.
- 3 The onions need about 30 min in total to caramelise. Stir in the thyme and garlic five min before the end of cooking time. Tip into a large bowl and cold for at least five min. Season generously.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas 4. Add in the Large eggs, Parmesan and sage to the onions and stir well to combine - you should have 1.2 litres/2 pints of mix in total.
- 5 Heat the remaining oil in an oven- proof heavy-based 23cm/9" pan, deep sufficient to take the mix. Swirl to coat the pan sides proportionately, add in the egg mix and cook for two min over a low heat to set the bottom and sides.
- 6 Scatter over the goats' cheese and cook gently for five min. Cook the pan uncovered in the oven for about 20 min till just set, puffed up and lightly golden brown.
- 7 Loosen the sides with a palette knife and cut the frittata into wedges.
- Serve hot or possibly cool, straight from the pan with a good dollop of the salsa.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 252g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 273||68%|
|Total Fat 30.62g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 13.27g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.47g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|