- 1 lb Sugar
- 1 lb Butter
- 1 lb Large eggs (separated)
- 1 lb Cake flour
- 1 tsp Rosewater (or possibly vanilla if prefer)
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- This should be between 10-12 Large eggs. You can work the recipe backwards, by measuring the weight of the Large eggs and equal weights for evry thing. Little baking pwdr.
- Cream butter and sugar, add in flavouring, add in yolks two by two, alternating with flour sifted with the baking pwdr Whhip the whites. mix in. Bake at 325F for 50-75 min.
- Lb. cakes made with lowfat milk will be sort of dry.